Services to Collective Investment Schemes Handbook
Services to Collective Investment Schemes Handbook - Link to Register of licenceholders
The Services to Collective Investment Schemes handbook is produced to provide licenceholders under the Financial Services Act 2008 (those who are licensed by the Isle of Man Financial Services Authority (“the Authority”) to provide services to Collective Investment Schemes ("funds") in or from the Isle of Man), potential licenceholders and other interested parties with easy access to the relevant legislation and guidance.
The handbook is only produced in an on-line format. However, copies of all statutory documents (original, un-amended, legislation) may be obtained from http://legislation.gov.im/cms/en.
Legislation and guidance applicable to funds is contained in the Funds section of the Authority’s website.
In case of any query, please contact the Funds team at the Authority, on +44 (0)1624 689331.
The Secondary legislation is made under powers contained in the Financial Services Act 2008. It can be found on a central table here. Where these regulations and regulatory codes have been amended after they were made, the “as amended” version is shown.
2.2 Legislation issued under the Collective Investment Schemes Act 2008 is contained in the Funds section of the Authority's website. This legislation sets out requirements for different types of schemes and establishes particular responsibilities for those providing services to the schemes.
3. Guidance applicable to services to collective investment schemes
3.1 Guidance and forms which relate to services to collective investment schemes
- Application form for a Financial Services Licence
- Licenceholder contact sheet
- Forms and Returns Page
- Indirect Tax Concession (VAT)
- Interim Financial Returns Form
- Supplemental Licensing Policy for Class 3
- Graduated Manager Licensing Process
- Guidance note on exempt schemes and limited partnerships
- Proforma subordinated loan agreement (N.B. This proforma agreement has been prepared specifically for use by applicants for and holders of a financial services licence under the Financial Services Act 2008. If you are not an applicant or licenceholder, you should not copy, circulate or in any other way use or rely on the wording contained in the agreement. Applicants and licenceholders may copy the proforma but must not rely on the wording of the proforma and should take their own legal advice as to the appropriateness of the wording and the document in their own circumstances.)
3.2 Disaster recovery/business continuity
The use of facilities on the Island by regulated businesses from other jurisdictions for temporary business continuity purposes is addressed by Schedule 2 of the Financial Services (Exemptions) Regulations.
4. Guidance applicable to all licensable sectors/activities
Guidance on matters generic to all the Authority's licensable activities/ categories of business can be found here.