Louis Group Structured Fund PLC and other companies - F.S.C Press Release – First Published 5 October 2012 -Updated 25 October 2012
The Financial Supervision Commission (“the Commission”) has made announcements concerning intervention in the affairs of the Louis Group Structured Fund PLC and other companies under the Commission’s powers or with the consent of the High Court. Further details are contained in announcements issued with this statement, which cover:
- Louis Group Structured Fund PLC – appointment of persons to assume control of the affairs of the scheme, under section 13 of the Collective Investment Schemes Act 2008. Further details can be found here;
- Louis Group (IOM) Limited - appointment of a manager under the Financial Services Act 2008. Further details can be found here;
- Louis Group Structured Capital Limited, Louis Group International (Europe) Limited and LG SP Investments Ltd – appointment of joint liquidators provisionally on an ex parte basis pending a full hearing. Further details can be found here.
The Commission appreciates that investors will be anxious to establish the implications of today’s announcements. This statement is linked to a “Frequently Asked Questions” (“FAQ”) sheet which can be found here.
The FAQ sheet includes information for investors in:
- Louis Group Structured Fund PLC
- Secured Loan Notes (“SLNs”)
- Property Investment & Cessation of Securities Agreements (“PICS”)
- Property investment companies
In the event of queries please contact the Commission by e-mail at the following address: [email protected]
Alternatively, please write to the Commission at: Enquiries, Financial Supervision Commission, P.O. Box 58, Finch Hill House, Bucks Road, Douglas, Isle of Man, IM99 IDT.
5th October 2012
Updated 25 October 2012 as follows
LOUIS GROUP STRUCTURED FUND PLC – Report of Joint Company Inspectors
On 1 May 2012 by order of the High Court of Justice of the Isle of Man Mr Michael Simpson and Mr Gordon Wilson, both of PricewaterhouseCoopers LLC, were appointed as joint inspectors to investigate and report on the affairs of Louis Group Structured Fund Plc. The Court also ordered that the appointment of the inspectors should not be made public.
The joint inspectors’ final report was submitted to the High Court on 21 September 2012. The findings in the report were relevant to the action taken by the Commission on 5 October 2012 – see previously issued statement of 5 October 2012.
An application was subsequently made to the High Court with regard to the publication of the Inspectors report. That application was considered by His Honour Deemster Doyle on 16 October 2012. A transcript of the judgment of Deemster Doyle in the matter has now been published on the Isle of Man Courts website.
Immediately following this judgment a further application was made to the High Court seeking that publication of the Inspectors Report be stayed pending a proposed appeal. The second judgment of His Honour Deemster Doyle dated 16 October 2012 , regarding that application, has also now been published on the Isle of Man Courts website.
On 23 October 2012, the High Court having been notified that the proposed appeal was not to proceed, His Honour Deemster Doyle lifted the restriction on publication imposed on 16 October 2012. The Commission is therefore now able to publish the report of the joint inspectors on the affairs of Louis Group Structured Fund PLC which may now be read on this link.
Financial Supervision Commission