This notice is issued by the Financial Supervision Commission (“the Commission”) in accordance with the powers conferred upon it under Section 30 of the Financial Services Act 2008.
The Commission has recently become aware of the above mentioned entity which falsely claims to have its’ head office at 14 Athol Street, Douglas, Isle of Man using the telephone and fax numbers (0)1627 6105131 and (0)1625 670585 respectively.
The purported entity Purity Bank through the website http://www.pb.bk-int.com claims to offer general banking services.
The Commission wishes to draw attention to the following observations:
- The telephone and fax numbers used by this entity are not issued by Isle of Man telecommunication providers.
- There is no company incorporated in the Isle of Man by the name of Purity Bank.
- The Commission has established no association between the above entity and any genuine Isle of Man companies or businesses.
- The Commission has established no genuine links between the above entity and the Isle of Man.
- The genuine occupiers of the address 14 Athol Street, Douglas, Isle of Man used by Purity Bank on their website, have no knowledge of or connection with this purported entity.
A search of all genuine companies incorporated in the Isle of Man can be conducted on the Companies Registry webpage.
To offer banking services in or from the Isle of Man requires a licence issued by the Commission.
Under the circumstances, the Commission would strongly urge persons considering dealing with this potentially fraudulent entity to exercise the greatest possible caution before proceeding, bearing in mind the contents of this public notice.
Under the circumstances, the Commission feels that any person accessing this fraudulent website may potentially become the victim of an Advanced Fee Fraud.
It may be an attempt at gaining personal data from the recipient in order to steal their identity.
Also see information issued by the Isle of Man Office of the Data Protection Supervisor.
Any persons who are already involved in any dealings with the above entity and have concerns should contact the Enforcement Division on +44 1624 689311 or by e-mail to email@example.com for advice.
Any persons who have paid funds to the above entities should consider contacting their local Police without delay.
FSC Reference: NDR/04/2014