Combined Response to the Third Consultation on Crowdfunding and Other Changes to the Regulated Activities Order, Financial Services (Exemptions) Regulations and Financial Services (Fees) Order
The Isle of Man Financial Services Authority has today published a combined response to the third consultation on:
- crowdfunding and the draft legislation and licence conditions for crowdfunding platforms; and
- other non-crowdfunding related changes to the Regulated Activities Order, Financial Services (Exemptions) Regulations and Financial Services (Fees) Order.
Part 1 was particularly relevant to —
- any person currently offering investment-based or loan-based crowdfunding services or considering providing such services; and
- to consumers who may be interested in using such services.
Part 2 was particularly relevant to —
- all persons holding a licence under the Financial Services Act 2008; and
- those who are exempt from requiring a licence under the Financial Services Act 2008, particularly individuals providing director services.
The consultation response and associated appendices can be found on the consultation webpage.