Do your research to make informed choices
Virtually every adult in the Isle of Man is a consumer of financial services through a bank account, loan, savings, insurance, investment or pension.
We publish information on the Consumer Awareness section of our website to encourage people make informed choices about financial products and services.
Before signing a new contract or agreement a smart investor:
- Verifies that an investment professional is licensed
- Conducts research on a product before investing
- Understands that risk exists in all investments
- Recognises the power of compound interest and the importance of diversification
- Assesses the impact of fees when choosing an investment
- Plans for and invests according to their future needs and goals
- Recognises the benefit of long-term, regular and diversified investment
- Plans for life’s unexpected challenges and investing in uncertain times