Guidance on making a complaint about a regulated entity

If you are unhappy with a financial product or service provided by an entity which is regulated by the Authority you can complain to the relevant entity.  It is important to note that the Authority’s role is not to investigate individual complaints but to supervise the regulated sector.  However, all of the entities that we regulate will have procedures in place to address complaints.

Our guidance explains what you can do, your options and the role of the Authority.

The Isle of Man also has provisions under the Employment Act 2006 to protect whistleblowers, as shown in the Isle of Man Government’s A Brief Guide to Whistleblowing.  Further information can be found here.

For complaints about the way in which the Authority has carried out or failed to carry out its role please click here.